Alabama Psychiatry is continuing to grow! Alabama Psychiatry is committed to employing an interdisciplinary team to provide comprehensive care; therefore we are looking for psychiatrists, LPCs, LICSWs, psychologists, and nurse practitioners. Alabama Psychiatry provides in patient and out patient services to clients presenting with a variety of psychiatric needs and from a variety of backgrounds. We encourage qualified and motivated individuals to send your resume and cover letter by fax to 334-625-7602, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please read bellow for specific job opportunities that we are actively searching and hiring for:
Front Desk Patient Receptionist
Attalla Alabama Out-patient Clinic
Psychiatry is seeking an individual to be the first point of contact for all patients coming to Kentucky Psychiatry. This individual must be friendly, courteous, professional and able to meet the individualized patient needs. They must be able to follow organizational standards and workflow and possess the ability to speak clearly and distinctly over the phone. They must possess good listening skills to communicate with the patients and staff within the organization.
• Ensure the reception area is clean and ready daily to receive patients.
• Responsible for obtaining, identification, verification and entry of patient demographics.
• Responsible for collecting co-pays and monies from patient at time of check-in.
• Use of an electronic health record daily to perform job responsibilities.
• Comply with all confidentiality policies and HIPPA regulations set before the organization.
• Responsible for scheduling patient appointments and daily reminder calls to patients.
• Responsible for following up on all office no shows and documenting in the system.
• Turn in daily reports to supervisor as requested.
Education and Experience
• Minimum of Associates Degree.
• 2-3 years of receptionist work experience.
• Ability to use all Microsoft based applications.
Job Type: Full-time
Certified Medical Assistant
Attalla Alabama Out-patient Clinic
In need of a Certified Medical Assistant to work in an out-patient psychiatric clinic specializing with children, adolescents, adults and geriatrics. This position will be under the direction of a Licensed Psychiatrist and responsible for working up patients prior to seeing the Psychiatrist and Nurse Practitioners. Maintaining the medical records, medication authorizations and messages for the providers in the office.
• Record patient information such as vital signs, weight and changes in medical history prior to each appointment with the Psychiatrist.
• Clean and prepare examination room prior to patient appointment and make sure no other patient identifying information is available to be viewed by the patient.
• Perform such tasks such as answering phone calls and greeting patients at time of their examination to ensure the patient has an overall good experience with the check-in process.
• Assist the doctors and Practice Manager in maintaining the medical inventory, current medications and make sure all the medical history is current in the chart.
• Conduct self in a high level of professionalism.
• Strong customer service skills with the ability to communicate and problem solve with the best interest of the patient as a priority.
• Navigate in an EMR and be able to review and document all patient details, phone notes, medication reconciliation and any pertinent information regarding the patient treatment.
• Return patient calls and make calls for patient refills in a timely manner to ensure that patients get their needs met.
• Perform all duties needed to complete the Prior Authorizations for insurance and ensure that patient medication needs are addressed in a timely matter.
• Compose letters on behalf of practitioners, complete school medication forms, disability paperwork, patient assistance forms as requested by the practitioner and/or as requested by the patient regarding their care per practitioner approval.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Uphold strict confidentiality and comply with HIPAA guidelines.
• Perform UDS testing and genetics testing and assist with patient labs and scanning/uploading results in patient’s charts
Education and Experience:
• Medical Assistant Certification
• CPR certification.
• 2-3 years of experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Must possess principles of growth and development over the life span. Possess the ability to apply the skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patients served in the medical practice while adhering to the organizational policies to administer patient care examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures.
Job Type: Full-time/Monday-Friday
Licensed Clinical Social Worker, LICSW
Pelham, Montgomery, Sylacauga, Auburn and Attalla locations
Alabama Psychiatry is seeking an individual to assist with providing therapy to individuals, families and communities with psychosocial and environmental stressors. They must possess the ability to provide clinical guidance and counseling to individuals with a holistic approach to provide optimal care. Provide diagnostic assessments and treatment plans to address individual needs and be familiar with the DSM-5 and treatment modalities.
Must have a minimal of 2-3 years of direct practice experience. Must have an Alabama License in Social Work **May consider a non-licensed practitioner with the practice offering supervision.
• Provide individual, family, and group counseling,
• Crisis intervention.
• Work in close collaboration with physicians and other health care personnel in the evaluation and treatment phase to further patient understanding of significant social and emotional factors.
• Ability to prepare comprehensive psychosocial evaluations, mental status exams, patient histories, treatment plans and reports.
• Conduct short and long-term therapy with appropriate treatment plans, goals, and objectives.
• Educate staff regarding psychosocial issues related to patient care.
• Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the patients served in assigned area.
• Ability to diagnose and use the DSM-5 along with familiarity of most current treatment modalities to serve a variety of mental health populations.
• Use of evidence-based techniques in the treatment of patients and be familiar with various theoretical approached used to treat various mental health patients.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Must possess principles of growth and development over the life span. Possess the ability to apply the skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patients served in the medical practice while adhering to the organizational policies. Must possess good communication and listening skills to offer effective feed-back and use evidence-based therapeutic techniques in the treatment process.
Job Type: Part-time/Full-time opportunities